is to provide the very best ministries and therapies for kids in crisis areas of the world. We train parents and indigenous leaders how to restore struggling children and teens in their own community. Volunteers, missionaries, professionals & interns are transforming orphanages, families, schools, and crisis areas in North & Central America. We are a nonprofit charity serving in inner-city Chicago, Guatemala, Honduras...and your family if your kids need help.
is the mental health & positive future of children & teens in crisis. We work in teams & are joyful, prayerful, professional & innovative.
Centers To Help Children
Centers To Help Children are how we serve Central American families learning to help their own communities & families. They are local, culturally sensitive safe places mothers & fathers can get help AND give help for kids in crisis. Centers help transform struggling communities by training local, indigenous volunteers to team up with leaders, families & professionals providing things like:
* Personal tutoring for help with problems in school & learning issues
* Caring connections within the community & safe, loving relationships
* Mentoring, training & discipleship programs
* Programs aimed at fixing that community's issues & needs
* A full range of therapy services (supervised by a professional) including family
therapy, music therapy, art therapy, play therapy, pet therapy, etc.
* Individualized Education Plans, family plans & treatment plans for kids
* Parent training classes, personal coaching & accountability
* Free school supplies & basic necessities for struggling children & families
* Book & toy libraries for learning & healing from trauma
* Help for sexually abused girls and their babies
* Working with boys to stay out of gangs and make them community leaders
* Transition to success programs for children & teens leaving orphanages
Meet "Liberty" the therapy horse!
Adding to the therapeutic services we provide children in crisis, we also offer orphanage children the program "Healing with Horses!" Guided by a knowledgeable horse expert and a caring, national psychologist, children work with the horse to heal from their traumas and hurts. They learn how to overcome fears, care for and connect with the large intuitive animal, and begin their own process of healing their minds and emotions, building a new, loving, trusting relationship.
If you have a heart to sponsor "Liberty" by making a donation to help with costs of her food, housing, vet bills, equipment, and monthly maintenance please donate.